Microsoft just released a new Visio add-in for System Center Operations Manager! Go get it on the Connect Site!
The Visio Add-in for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 combines the strengths of two applications widely used in enterprise IT to simplify the creation of customized graphical dashboards showing the health of an environment. Examples of such diagrams include showing objects by geography overlaid on a map, by location in a datacenter or building, by role in a logical view of an application or by topology for complex distributed applications such as Exchange or Active Directory.
- Visio diagrams exported from System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (release candidate) show automatically live health state on the exported objects in Visio.
- Easily create new Visio diagrams and link shapes to any managed object (computer, database, web site, perspective etc.) to show the current health state
- Automatically link entire existing Visio diagrams to the computer and network devices managed by Operations Manager by matching computer names or IP addresses
- Auto-refresh of health state in Visio diagram – use with Visio’s full screen view to create dashboard views suitable for use as a summary display in a datacenter control room
- Predefined data graphics to allow user to toggle from Operations Manager health icons to shape color for health state