Microsoft just released an update for the windows server mp. They now support Windows 2008 R2 ! Another nice thing is that finaly you can also display the logical disk size in MB’s! It was so damn stupid of Microsoft to only dispplay the size in Bytes.
You will need to persononalize the logical disk state view because it’s not enabled by default
The September 2009 release (version 6.0.6667.0) of the Windows Server Operating System Management Pack includes the following changes:
· Support for Windows Server 2008 R2, including new classes to represent Windows Server 2008 R2 systems specifically.
· The intervals for some discoveries have been changed to reduce CPU usage. For details, see Objects the Windows Server Operating System Management Pack Discovers.
· Added Logical Disk Fragmentation Level monitors for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
· Disabled the following rules and monitors for Windows Server 2008 because the events needed are in Windows Server 2003 only.
· Duplicate computer name was detected
· Windows Activation State
· Disk Group Failed
· Disk Group Auto Import Failed
· Volume Not Started
· Run WMIAdap
· Fixed the summary details for the Performance History (Percent Processor Time) report to indicate that the object type is Windows Server 2003 operating system rather than Windows Server 2003 processor.
· Fixed the Performance History (Percent Interrupt Time) report to use a rule that targets the operating system rather than the processor.
· Changed the data source for discoveries from System.Scheduler to System.Discovery.Scheduler to avoid performance issues.
· Changed the Logical Disk Availability monitor to use a Run As profile with administrative privileges to enable it to run in a low-provilege environment.
· Modified logical disk discovery to exclude mount points, because numerous rules use performance counters that are not applicable to mount points.
· Fixed an issue in which an alert could be generated for Windows Activation too early.
· Addressed an issue that was causing some discoveries to not show up correctly in the authoring section of the console.
· Improved the product knowledge for the alert generated by the A Service is Misconfigured rule.
· Fixed issue in which logical disk health check could have performance problems when run against clustered servers.
· Fixed links to views in product knowledge articles.
· Added Active Alerts views for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
· Added retry logic to the "Probe Module: Is Feature Installed" module to avoid failures due to periodic time-outs.
· Added a new integer property named "Size (MBytes) (Numeric)" to the Logical Disk class and updated the existing property "Size (Bytes) (String)" to clarify that it is a string. The new property can now be used in formulas and views as expected.