I will be teaching the MOC50028 “Installing and configuring OpsMgr 2007” from 23 November until 27 November at RealDolmen in Belgium.
Would you like the receive your training from someone that received the prestigious MVP Award? Wished you could receive training from someone that co-authored a book on the topic he is teaching? Want training from a consultant with plenty of real-life experience?
More information can be found here http://www.realdolmen.com/Commercial/Default.aspx?id=4052
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to managing a Systems Center Operations Manager 2007 management group. This course is intended to develop the necessary skills to install and manage Operations Manager 2007 management servers and supporting roles.
This course is intended for Windows Server 2003 or later administrators who have experience working within a Windows Active Directory domain environment and have a good understanding of Windows Server based network services. Familiarity with a support ticketing system is helpful.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A+ certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Network+ certification or equivalent knowledge.
- Completed Course 2274, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Completed Course 2275, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Completed Course 2277, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Completed Course 2278, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Completed Course 2279, or have equivalent knowledge
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure a management group.
- Install a clustered Root Management Server.
- Configure management group and agent settings.
- Install and configure reporting.
- Manage Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Manage Audit Collection Services.
- Use Windows PowerShell to manage the management group.
- Configure a management group hierarchy.
- Migrate from Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 to System Center Operations Manager 2007.
Module 1: Installing System Center Operations Manager
This module explains how to install management servers and configure a clustered Root Management Server.
- Identifying and Installing Prerequisites
- Installing System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Post Installation
- Lab : Installing System Center Operations Manager
- Installing the Operations Manager Components
- Lab : Installing a Clustered RMS
- Creating Cluster Resources
- Installing the Operational Database
- Installing the RMS Node
- Installing the Secondary Management Server
- Creating the Services
- Creating the RMS Cluster Virtual Server
Module 2: Using the Operations Console
This module explains how to use the Operations Console, create Operator Accounts, use the Web Console and create Views.
- Overview of the Operations Console
- Creating Operator Accounts
- Using the Web Console
- Working with Views
- Lab : Creating Operator Accounts and Views
- Creating User Roles
- Creating Views
Module 3: Configuring Management Group and Agent Settings
This module explains how to define the default management group and agent settings, override the default settings for a management server and agents, and create notifications to be sent when alerts appear.
- Global Settings
- Overriding Global Settings
- Creating Notifications
- Lab : Creating Notification Settings
- Setting Management Group Notification Options
- Creating Notification Recipients
- Creating Notification Subscriptions
Module 4: Agent Installation
This module explains how to install and configure the agent.
- Configuring Active Directory
- Automatic Installation
- Manual Installation
- Managing Agents
- Lab : Agent Installation
- Manually Installing the Agent
- Approving the Manually Installed
Module 5: Management Packs
This module explains how to import, export, and manage management packs.
- Overview of Management Packs
- Importing and Exporting Management Packs
- Creating and Sealing Management Packs
- Lab : Creating Monitors
- Creating a Self-Tuning Threshold Monitor
- Creating a Correlated Windows Event Unit Monitor
Module 6: Reporting
This module explains how to install and configure Reporting Services and build the appropriate models for Operations Manager monitoring.
- Installing and Configuring SQL Reporting Services
- Installing Operations Manager Reporting
- Creating and Viewing Reports
- Lab : Creating Reports
- Creating a Model
- Creating a Report
Module 7: Agentless Exception Monitoring
This module explains how to configure the settings and group policy options for Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Configuring Exception Monitoring
- Managing Clients
- Lab : Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring
- Configuring Client Monitoring
- Configuring Group Policy
Module 8: Audit Collection Services
This module explains how to configure Audit Collection Services so that security auditing can be centralized within the organization.
- Audit Collection Services Overview
- Installing Audit Collection Services
- Configuring Forwarders and Collectors
- Lab : Configuring ACS Reports
- Configuring ACS Reporting
Module 9: Using Operations Manager 2007 Command Shell
This module explains how to use the new Windows PowerShell-based commands to manage the management group.
- Command Shell Overview
- Using Command Shell with Operations Manager 2007
- Lab : Using the Command Shell
- Running Individual Commands
- Scripting Commands
Module 10: Complex Environments
This module explains how to multi-home agents, work with agents in untrusted domains and configure a hierarchy of management groups.
- Multi-homing Agents
- Untrusted Environments
- Multi-tiered Environments
- Lab : Connecting Mana
gement Groups </p>
- Configure Subscriptions
- Configure Operator Accounts
Module 11: Migrating from MOM 2005 to Operations Manager 2007
This module explains how to use the tools required to migrate the agents and setting from the MOM 2005 management group to the Operations Manager 2007 management group.
- Migration Overview
- Using the Migration Tool
- Converting Management Packs
- Lab : Converting Management Packs
- Using the Migration Tool