I’m going to make some procedures for ACS. First I’m going to install the audit collection services, after that I’m going to deploy the ACS reporting and last but not least enable the acs forwarding on the agents. I’m going to use the info on the technet site as a basis.
The ACS database runs on Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The Audit Collection Services Collector Setup wizard creates the ACS database on an existing installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. To complete the installation procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group on both the ACS collector and the ACS database computers as well as a database administrator on the ACS database. As a best practice for security, consider using Run As to perform this procedure.
To install an ACS collector and an ACS database
Insert the Operations Manager 2007 CD in the Management Server that you selected to be the ACS collector.
On the root of the CD, double-click SetupOM.exe. In the Install section, click Install Audit Collection Server. The Audit Collection Services Collector Setup wizard starts.
On the Welcome page, click Next.
On the License Agreement page, read the licensing terms and then click I accept the agreement. Click Next.
On the Data Source page, type a name that you want to use as the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) data source name for your ACS database in the Data Source Name box. By default, this name is OpsMgrAC. Click Next.
- On the Database page, if the database is on a separate server than the ACS collector, click Remote Database Server and then type the computer name of the database server that will host the database for this installation of ACS. Otherwise, click Database server running locally.
- In the Database server instance name field, type the name of the database that will be created for ACS. If you leave this field blank, the default name is used. In the Database name field, the default database name of OperationsManagerAC is automatically entered. You can select the text and type in a different name or leave the default name. Click Next.
To display a list of SQL Server Instances, click Start, point to Programs and Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and then click SQL Server Management Studio on the database computer. Under Server name, click Browse for more and then expand Database Engine. All databases are listed as server namedatabase name.
- On the Database Authentication page, click to select one authentication method. If the ACS collector and the ACS database are members of the same domain, you can select Windows authentication; otherwise, select SQL authentication and then click Next.
If you select SQL authentication and click Next, the Database Credentials page displays. Enter the name of the user account that has access to the SQL Server in the SQL login name box and the password for that account in the SQL password box, and then click Next.
On the Database Creation Options page, click Use SQL Server’s default data and log file directories to use SQL Server’s default folders. Otherwise, click Specify directories and enter the full path, including drive letter, to the location you want for the ACS database and log file, for example C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLData. Click Next.
On the Event Retention Schedule page, click Local hour of day to perform daily database maintenance. Choose a time when there is the amount of expected security events are low. During the database maintenance window, database performance will be impacted. Type the number of days ACS should keep events in the ACS database before the events are removed during database grooming in Number of days to retain events. The default value is 14 days. Click Next.
- On the ACS Stored Timestamp Format page, click to choose Local or Universal Coordinated Time, formerly known to as Greenwich Mean Time, and then click Next
- The Summary page displays a list of actions that the installation program will perform to install ACS. Review the list, and then click Next to begin the installation.
If a SQL server login dialog box displays and the database authentication is set to Windows authentication, click the correct database and verify that the Use Trusted Connection check box is checked. Otherwise click to remove the check and enter the SQL login name and password. Click OK.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
Check in the opsmgr console if your collector is healthy.