Yesterday I wanted to install my second management server on a windows 2003 R2 SP2 machine. I installed all the requirements and ran the prerequisite checker.
I was really astonished! It was the first time I saw this error and didn’t understand it!
This problem occurs if the primary interoperability assembly (Microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dll) is no longer registered in the global assembly cache after you install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 or Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem in Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, re-register the primary interoperability assembly in the global assembly cache.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd , and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after you type each command.
- cd %windir%Microsoft.NETAuthMan1.2
- azrlreg register Microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dl</ul>
- run the prerequisite checker again and everything is green now!</ol>