Just got an email from Microsoft to announce that the Opsmgr 2007 R2 Beta available is on the connect site. Will post testing results soon!
The System Center Operations Manager team is excited to announce the availability of the Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta, which is ready for you to download through Connect today! Operations Manager 2007 R2 introduces key new and enhanced functionality, including:
Enhanced application performance and availability across heterogeneous platforms
- Delivers monitoring across Windows, Linux and Unix servers-all through a single console.
- Extends end to end monitoring of distributed applications to any workload running on Windows, Unix and Linux platforms.
- Maximize availability of virtual workloads with integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008.
- Improved management of applications in the data center
- Delivers on the scale requirements of URL monitoring of your business.
- Meet agreed service levels with enhanced reporting showing application performance and availability.
- More efficient problem identification and action to resolve issues.
- Increased speed of access to information and functionality to drive management
- Faster load times for views and results.
- Improved and simplified management pack authoring experience
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta integrates the functionality delivered within the Cross Platform Extensions Beta. New betas of the Interoperability Connectors will available shortly through the Operations Manager R2 Connect program.
Support for the R2 beta can be found through the following:
For general questions on the Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta, please use the existing newsgroups at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb839593.aspx
For questions relating to Cross Platform and the Interoperability Connectors, we are excited to launch the new forums available at:
Cross Platform Monitoring – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=604&SiteID=17
Interop Connectors – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=605&SiteID=17
We look forward to your evaluating this exciting new beta release, and hearing your feedback on the Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta.
System Center Operations Manager team